How Crime Stoppers Works.
- When crime is committed in your school or neighborhood.
- You know who was responsible or somebody who might know who was responsible.
- Call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477, leave a tip online at www.saskatooncrimestoppers.com or text “TIP210 with your msg” to “CRIMES” at 274637.
- Your information will be taken in confidence. You won’t be asked your name and you won’t have to go to court. We guarantee your anonymity.
- You will be given a tip number. Keep this number secret to ensure confidentiality..
- After three weeks call 1-800-222-8477 during the day referring to your secret tip number and get an update as to the progress of your tip.
- If your tip leads to an arrest you will be eligible for a cash reward.
Tips for Student Security
- Avoid bringing large amounts of money, expensive accessories or outerwear to school.
- Keep locker combinations confidential – do not share this information.
- Keep lockers closed and locked at all times unless present, especially during breaks or physical education classes.
- Lock and secure your bike
- If articles are left in vehicles, ensure they are out of sight.
- Mark personal belongings for identification.
- Report all acts of theft, vandalism, violence, alcohol or drug abuse in and around the school to school administration.